Boppin’ at the Glue Factory is 81 minutes long in color. Also subtitled in French.
Desperate for a place to live and for his next fix, drug-addled nurse Eric LaBudde (Henry Dittman) lands a job in a ramshackle convalescent home, where he develops a mutually enabling relationship with jazz saxophone-playing resident Tharin Sanders (Conrad Roberts). As Eric charms his way into the home’s drug cabinet, he inadvertently brings some light to the retirees’ grim lives.
This dark comedy is director Jeffrey Orgill debut feature and also features Mews Small of One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest.
• JUNKIE NURSE is lead actor Henry Dittman’s first leading role in a feature length motion picture.
• Conrad Roberts as jazz man Tharin Sanders has memorable roles in “Mosquito Coast” as Mr. Haddy
and in Serpent and the Rainbow as Christophe.
• Mews Small as Mary LeDoux played Candy, Jack Nicholson’s partying girlfriend in One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest.
• Best Feature – Seattle True Independent Film Festival
• Best Film – Tregor International Film Festival, France
• Best Director – Downtown Film Festival Los Angeles
• Best Director – Tregor International Film Festival, France
• Best Supporting Actor Conrad Roberts – Strasbourg Film Festival, France
• Best Supporting Actress Mews Small – Tregor International Film Festival, France